My hair care shelf has been pretty heavy in the past, but I’m trying to minimize it. Over the years I’ve tried so many different brands and products, so I can safely say now that this is my optimal selection. I have pretty unproblematic hair (Wavy, medium, balanced, a bit on the dry side and currently balayaged).
I’m a big fan of custom hair products from Function of Beauty, I’ve tested pretty much their whole range and now I have a perfect set for summer and another for winter time. If you’re having blonde highlights as I am currently, a good mask and a purple shampoo are a must. Also, don’t forget about a heat protectant – it can save you from the frizz and damaged hair. I’m not a fan of hairsprays, I feel like they weight down my hair, instead, I prefer a hair cream to finish it off.
- Function of Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner
- Function of Beauty Hair Mask
- dpHUE Cool Blonde Shampoo
- Briogeo Farewell Frizz Blow Drt Perfection & Heat Protectant Cream
- Function of Beauty Hair Serum
- O’Right Green tea Moisturizing Cream
Having few skin-freaks around me, got me to also experiment with skincare products. My skin is pretty unproblematic as well, usually normal, but bordering on really dry in the colder months. I’m really lazy when it comes to applying different types of products, so I try to be as minimal as possible with it: an effective make-up remover, a good exfoliant, rich day cream, even richer cream for night time, a nice SPF and an excellent lip balm. The last one is the critical one as I have pretty much permanently chapped lips. And yes, Laneige holds the hype, for real.
- Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Cleansing Balm
- Aesop Exfoliant Paste
- Revolution Pro Miracle Cream
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Mask
- Hello Sunday SPF 50
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
After lockdown, my make-up routine got minimized as much as possible and it’s basically the same on every occassion. I prefer a BB cream over a foundation, as I feel it absorbs in my skin and almost doesn’t show. Having good skin, I could afford to go without it, but it evens out my complexion and gives me some color, with addition of some creamy bronzer.
The ultimate product for me is a brow fix gel. And if nothing else, this is always on, as I feel that well-structured brows do the most for my face. Also a nice mascara for lashes to pop out and a good fixer, so everything stay in place. A spray is my favorite. And a lip balm to avoid chapped lips.
- Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream
- Saie Sun Melt Natural Cream Bronzer
- Nudestix Browset Gel XL Eyebrow Gel
- Maybelline Sky High Lash Sensational Mascara
- Mac Prep + Prime Fix Spray