Few Sundays ago, I craved sugar, but all the store were closed, so I got up and baked something for myself. What was it? A giant chocolate chip cookie! Why bother making them more, if I’ll eat all instantly anyways. Just kidding, but seriously, the recipe was specified for just one huge cookie.
And to be honest, I did eat it almost immediately, but just because it was so freaking good! The recipe is from Baker Bettie, but since her measurements are American ones, I modified them for better understanding. I also made a little video of my baking. Nothing fancy, just me in a high speed, making the cookie. Really recommend it to try at home!
- 42g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g brown sugar
- half of large whisked egg
- 1/2 table spoon vanilla
- large pinch salt
- 1/4 table spoon baking powder
- 1/4 table spoon baking soda
- 50g flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 TBSP more for topping
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the vanilla and egg stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the the salt, baking powder, and baking soda evenly over the mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Add the flour and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Form a large ball of dough in the center of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Top with more chocolate chips and a bit of salt if desired.
- Bake at 180ºC for 13-15 minutes until the edges are set and lightly browned and the center still looks underbaked.
- Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet.