If you’re not familiar with the concept of bullet journals, it’s basically a method of journaling and note-taking that uses bullet points as the core structure. It consists of a blank notebook, where you select your own set of icons and indicators that represent different task categories and status of the individual task. It requires a great deal of discipline to maintain it, so I simplified mine. I merged classic planner with the bullet concept and got something just right!
- Weekly planner instead of a blank notebook. I find it much easier to keep my diary in a classic large Moleskine planner.
- Instead of icons, I use colors – each marker is a label: blue – work, orange – school, pink – social/other, purple – tasks.
- Keep events on the left, everything else on the right.
- Crossing it out things when finished. (oh the satisfaction!)
- Adding a cross to canceled events to make it clear.
What I get out of this system is a very colorful planner, that keeps me on top of all the things. ♥