1. Get your sleeping cycle on track. Believe me, it helps a lot when you get whole 8 hours of sleep every night.
2. Switch TV for book. Try putting down all electronics before you go to sleep and instead picking up a good book. Doesn’t have to be a hard classic at all, shallower it is, easier is to doze off, I discovered.
3. Socialize. Don’t close yourself up. Yes, it’s still cold and you have long to-do list, but one coffee a week with friends won’t hurt your schedule, nor you. If your schedule allows, try and fill your day with activities as much as possible.
4. Eat, think, listen happy. That’s important – Don’t give into the negativity! Try creating new memories, instead of re-living the old ones.
5. Dress with feeling. It may sound funny, but dressing according to what you feel definitely helps lift your spirits. So don’t just pick up the first shirt that comes under your fingers, think about what would make you feel better and dress the part! (even if that means going all black for a month straight…)